View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 12:57 AM   #320
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Alright. Thanks for that vote summary Firefoot; I'm now going to have a look at it.

Sauce – 1 (Diamond 1)
TGWBS – 1 (Rune 2)
Firefoot – 1 (Morm 3)
Durelin – 2 (Firefoot 4, Holby 11)
Glirdan – 1 (Taliesin 5)
Rune – 3 (Durelin 6, Lalaith 12, Findeasea 16)
Holby – 3 (Sauce 7, Caran 10, Gurthang 15)
Morm – 3 (Glirdan 8, TGWBS 9, Kath 14)
Kath – 1 (Ang 13)

Several things I'm looking for here; those responsible for the extremely wide field; votes for proven innocents; possible wolf-on-wolfers, though with the Lovers around I do imagine they're a bit less likely; and the tie-breakers-who were they really trying to save?

Diamond's Sauce-campaign looks like an innocent's forlorn hope. I did briefly wonder though if they might be none other than the Lovers...I mean, especially if you're not Valier, the Valier-method is about the least effective lynch routine in existence. Well, it's a possibility. An unlikely one though. I exonerate Dread Pirate Audrey for now.

Rune's vote for tgwbs apparently channelled sentiments that no one else shared-except, latterly, morm. They could be right, but I tend to agree with Engels that he's only suspicious when not suspicious. This was cast early-a failed attempt to gather a strong bandwagon? Or just a pronounced suspicion?

morm's vote looks similar. But we know it was cast with no treacherous intent.

Durelin's case was potentially stronger than it was. Many had expressed suspicion of her. Firefoot, then, might be accused of jumping on a widespread feeling. Might just as well though have followed a suspicion she shared. Holby's vote here is clearly self-preservation once more, bringing Durelin's bandwagon and hers level.

I think I'll pass over proven innocent votes.

Rune's bandwagon is one of the most interesting, because to me Durelin's first vote looks the most likely to be wolf-for-wolf. Rune and Durelin had collaborated against Holby, narrowly unsuccessfully, the day before. The transmogrification of this bandwagon into a real force was late and unexpected. Lalaith brought it level with the Holby and Durelin and later morm cases and Fin attempted to break the tie. Lalaith either suspected Rune more than the other candidates, conceivably was in cahoots with Durelin. (That is, if Durelin's vote was not wolf-for-wolf.) Durelin is the lynchpin in this mystery and it's Durelin I most want to find out about (Read, hang) of this lot.

Sauce's vote for Holby was the seventh consecutive bandwagon started in a row and was to be shadowed by an eighth. Sauce loudly bemoaned casting his vote in such a way when things were already so spread out. He also cast it-yet again-for a proven innocent. (I can't talk with Nilp's blood on my hands from Day 1, admittedly.) Wolfpan Man wouldn't have guessed Holby was a Seer, but would be hoping to use her as a scapegoat to avoid another wolf under threat. For I am certain there was one. It's the only way the frenetic voting at the end makes sense. Either Durelin or Rune, in my view, must be hairy. Caran voted for Holby, but regretted it. Her vote set a lot of other events in motion, poor maid. Then Gurthang tried to break the tie...in favour of a proven innocent, we know in retrospect. Tut tut.

But just when things seemed unlikely to get any more crass, up popped the morm bandwagon. Inspired by a panicky "get off my back" vote from Glirdan. Spurred on by mischievous Engels. Sealed by that quintessential Wolf, Kath. This vote really consummates my suspicions of her, which were already active enough yesterday to persuade me at last to vote for her. Were she and Gurthang urging separate causes? Or did they have the same aim in mind? Whichever of them are wolves, they succeeded and poor morm swung, leaving only acrimonious suspicions behind.

And then there was mine. I essentially did what Gurthang had done yesterday, and abstained with a political motive. My vote would have been, out of the leading contenders, almost certainly for Durelin and perhaps we would have retired to bed with yells of victory. It was not to be. In my defence, I did not mean to be ineffective. I wanted, and still want, Kath lynched. I cross-posted with a lot of votes which in my arrogance I was still hoping to garner.

So:

Of all this grievous company
'Tis Kath and Durelin I most
Fear and suspect; but second, the
Admiral, with his English roast,
Gurthang, Rune, constitute the rear
With Firefoot lurking somewhere near.