View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 01:35 PM   #25
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
My Preciousssss

Not far away was his secret bookshelf, of which Lalwende knew nothing, and there in his hiding-place he kept a few wretched oddments, his wallet (a Yorkshireman is careful with his money) and one very beautiful thing, very beautiful, very wonderful. He had a book, a £100 book, a precious book.
"My birthday-present!"he whispered to himself, as he had often done in the endless dark days. "That's what we wants now, yes; we wants it!"

He wanted it because it was a book of power, and if you slipped that book in your hand, you were powerful; only in the full light of Tolkien scholarship could you be seen, and then only by your masterful choice of hard to find Verlyn Flieger quotes, and those would be obscure and confusing.

"My birthday-present! It came to me on my birthday my precious,"so he had always said to himself. But who knows how davem came by that present, ages ago in the old days when such books were still cheap at half the price on e-bay?