View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 08:21 AM   #299
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Bringing up old village matters this much is a bit distracting, I think. Encai's effort to deduce something by posting records is interesting, but it lacks a lot of information, like what was the player's situation in RL at that time, who else was playing ie. was it a loud village where there was hard to keep up, for example, what kind of comrades did a wolf have in a village etc, and I'm not sure if I want to go that far with this. I'd rather concentrate on what's going on in this village using experience to back up theories, but not in the source material.

About Encai and Firefoot...

Due to RL Encai could post only twice on Day 1. She mentiones that in both her posts, and in the last one says that the penguins can be loud, too, and not of the silent type (like herself). She suspects Lalaith for being helpful too early and spawn for being suspicious of Anguirel while Encai isn't. Says that her vote for Lalaith is probably wrong, but it's as good a guess as she can make at the moment.

On Day 2 Encai thinks that Boro might have placed one of his comrades on his suspect list. On that account she finds Roa innocent and Ang a bit suspicious. Later she repeats that she thinks that Roa is innocent and thinks that Macalaure would have reacted differently to Di's vote for him if he was a penguin. She agrees with phantom's earlier opinion that Mac is innocent although phantom later suspects him based on the voting. She also lists the votes and agrees with Mac about Jenny (that she looks supicious). Later she talks more about why she finds Jenny suspicious, and votes for her giving her a 5th vote while Valier has 4.

ToDay Encai has answered some points Firefoot made against her. Ff based her accusations on the assumption that Valier is a WP which was a bit rash, I think. Still, it's one theory, and having different theories to consider is a good thing. The only thing bothering me about Ff mentioning Encai's vote like that was that Ff didn't say that Encai had suspected Jenny earlier that Day, and she excused Di for tying Valier with Jenny. Yes, it's still part of the theory that 'what if Valier is a WP', but it sounded odd. It's not really safe to assume anyone innocent based on a guess of someone's guilt.

Even though Ff admitted that she didn't have much to go on about Encai and Naria, her reasons to suspect Encai were a bit sloppily put together which I wonder, since I think Ff would have been capable to do more than that. In that sense I understand that Encai wanted to clear it up by answering to Ff.

However, the way that Encai sticked to her earlier statement of Jenny doesn't as simply make her look innocent as she might think. First she agreed with Mac about Jenny saying that she had in her thoughts been suspicious of Jenny earlier, too. Then she added a couple of her own comments, and after two long analyses of Jenny by other people, she voted for her. Whether Valier is a WP or not, that would have been a logical thing for a WP to do; choose a target, agree with people, try to add a few own opinions and vote consistently.

Encai hopes to do something else later than to defend herself, and so she starts posting WW statistics. Looks very nice and helpful, but she doesn't really comment on them herself and as I said, they lack important information, so this brings to mind an attempt to look helpful while hiding some penguinesque features.

As to Firefoot, the skirmish between her and Roa was interesting. It happened in a very little of time after several people had suddenly voiced concerns of her, but I don't know what to think of it. Right now I'm a bit wary of both Encai and Firefoot. More later.