View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 09:03 PM   #24
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Steven Colbert: A friend for Balrogs everywhere...

It's part of my civil duties as an eternally disgruntled human becoming to partake in the viewing of The Daily Show (with Jon Stewart. It's not his real name, but who's asking?) and The Colbert Report.

While watching The Colbert Report this wednesday, Steven Colbert was brave enough to snub CNN... again. This time, he stuct up for a cause more worthy than giving advice to O'Reilly or that crazy idea of making a fence across the entire southern border of the United States - No, Colbert stuck up for Balrogs!

CNN apparently 'researched' into the whole deal about the tradition of the '666' scare, using a picture of a Balrog as their backdrop for a devil. Colbert flew into the rescue and set the facts straight -

That picture was one of a Balrog, from the Lord of The Rings calendar from the 70's and not that of a devil-like creature.

He also was nice enough to explain that Balrogs should never be confused with the christian devil or any 'devil-like' creature, since they are completely different.

Or, as Mr. Colbert put it himself:

" 'devils' are angels who defy god, and follow the will of the devil. BALROGS - Balrogs are Maiar who defy Eru and follow the will of Morgoth. Completely different! Get the facts straight CNN!"

... I wag my finger at you CNN!

I believe that we should tip our hats to Mr. Colbert at The Colbert Report for his willing ability to set the facts straight. Also, possibly include him in any festivities of Balrogs appearing in the media, for the Balrog appreciation month?

Bravo Steven Colbert!

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote