View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 09:55 AM   #3225
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Changeling - the person with this role will choose another player each Night and will gain that players power for the Night, in place of the real Gifted. For example, if I was the Seer and Lommy was the Changeling, if Lommy chose me that Night she would dream in my place, but I would be informed of who she dreamed of. If the Changeling chooses a wolf, that wolf cannot join in the Night's PMing (once they know they've been chosen) but nor can the Changeling. However, the Changeling does get final decision on the kill. They cannot choose the same person until 2 Night's has passed, and they cannot reveal anything they have learned about people's roles at Night, but while in posession of a Gift (be it good or evil) they are on that teams side. So, as a wolf they could kill the Seer if they knew who the player was, and as the Seer they could dream of a wolf to let the real Seer know who one was.
This sounds like an interesting role... but I have a couple of questions. Which team are they on (i.e., under what circumstances does the Changeling win)? And it says that they can't reveal what they've found out at night... But if they find a wolf they'll obviously vote based on it, so are they allowed to hint at it? Finally, does the Seer dream of the Changeling as the Changeling or as an ordo?
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote