View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 11:11 AM   #10
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
It's a fair cop - but society is to blame....

I have been a card carrying member of the canon police as an admin on other boards, forever telling people that they couldn't be half elves, Elrond's second daughter etc.... outrageous, unforgivable crimes...

My own crimes were:

- cowardice in the face of the Literati (I went in to the closet regarding liking Tolkien for most of a four year Literature degree - a few references slipped out in Linguistics but I tried not to look too keen ) .

-an act of High Treason (Here, I criticised some aspects of Tolkien's writing and I nearly got lynched).

However, while I perhaps should be shot at dawn then hanged by the neck until I be dead, someone may save you the trouble with a duel (dawn again but necessarily earlier that the appointed hour for the firing squad).

I once committed the crime of saying that Aragorn was a bit of a prig (compared to the divine Faramir) whatever happened to that gauntlet Prof Hedgethistle?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote