View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 09:24 AM   #436
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Morm, think I'm the EW all you want, but there is no way I am being cursed as a wolf. My survival rate is pitiful. Choosing me as a wolf means choosing a dead wolf. The EW cannot afford to be stupid and picking me would be stupid.

I am, in all seriousness, alternating opinions every minute here. Here, I say "Fea's a wizard!" and there I say "That's crazy!"

But here goes:

I was first alerted to Fea's behaviour by her constant 'sighs' that she will get herself killed. It's there in posts #79, #83 and #87. "Oh, this strategy will get me killed!" But all she was doing is advocating killing those shady characters whom the village never trusts. Hardly an outrageous suggestion. It struck me as trying too hard to stay alive.

She is all about finding the EW. Now, this is a good idea; but her focus on this leads villagers to avert their gaze from her when doing this search. Yes, yes, this seems pretty ad hoc, but I noticed it. She's very vocal, taking it upon herself to find the EW.

#96 Brings up her point about the Wizard volunteers being those villagers with time to spare. No way could they be students with exams (because students are sooooo busy ). It just seems like a convoluted way to get people looking elsewhere for sorcery, and not at her.

And in that same post, the strangest one of all: She states, out of nowhere, that The Phantom is not the EW.

#226 Says it again (though it's only probable this time).

#230 Jests with The Phantom about being the EW, then adds in brackets that she's just kidding, or something.

#282 Again brings up that she hasn't the time, although she'd love to be the Wizard.

She also dismisses the hint I gave in #280 (I also gave my hint that Fea was a wizard in #98).

So, all in all, Fea is very eager to stay alive, wants us all to go out there and search for the EW, and is adamant that there is a good reason for her not to be the EW. Plus that Phantom-assertion made me a bit nervous.

I don't buy that whole 'busy' argument at all. Fea knows all about the glory of Werewolf. She'd relish the chance of being the first Wizard and you know it.

So you see, Fea, I have had my eye on you for a while.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is possibly the worst theory you will hear all day.