View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 01:18 PM   #558
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
I assign cats. Surely I've already assigned kittens, but I speak now of cats; from the most carefully bred of pure domestics to the sleekly lethal large and wild specimens one could very easily wake shivering over dreams over...

Their ability to shift instantaneously from a sun lit nap to razor-sharp claw-bearing attack mode. Their affection... sometimes. The way they watch everything with such marvelous disdain. How they have nothing at all against being cosseted but are fully capable of independent survival.

Sleek forms with the sun shimmering over glossy fur, sliding across surfaces like beads of mercury.

Endless curiosity. Their fantastically mysterious ability to get out of tough situations.

Their reactions to water.

The sound of content purring.
I'll second that. And also for their ability to act like total idiots when a camera is pointed at them. Some cats have no concept of the word dignity. This is what they really think of us though.

I assign to The Shire having your first fresh new potatoes of the year, with loads of butter, mint sauce, bacon, cod and errr...corn on the cob! All very traditional Shire fare I should think. Drool.........