View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 11:09 AM   #6
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up To my esteemed Mr. Barrow Wight

Just a few months ago I stumbled, tired and road-weary into your domains. The sun was a high sphere held in mid-air and the stone of your barrow was fresh, cool to the touch. As most people tend to do in such situations, I fell asleep, only to wake up inside the barrow. You know, the usual proceedure, then I figured I'd sing a little tune and some old man with crazy coloured clothing would come to the rescue. Yet the barrow was dark, warm and snug and the first thing I realized was that this place seemed to be a gathering ground for those with similar interests as me. Well... to be honest, the first thing I realized (and was rather disapointed by) was that I was not dressed in fancy clothing nor I had an elven dagger. But after that, I pulled up a chair to where other barrow-residents were talking and jumped into the conversation.

Since then, I have argued literature, some rather philosophical points as well as middle-earth science (why don't elves sink in snow? is it possible for a man running fast to run on snow making very little imprint of his steps?). Then I found myself in a village infested by werewolves, or was it heroes the first time around? Not to mention giving birth to two rather lovely fellows who have plenty of stories to tell. All of that would not have been possible without the 'downs and for that I thank thee.

Finally, I would like to congratulate you on not only producing a top-notch forum and for being able to lure in and keep the best group of posters I have seen. Here's for the Barrow Downs, the Barrow Wight, the group of Mods and last but not least, the posters without whom this site would only be an empty shell.

For six times six more years!!!