View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 03:54 PM   #2784
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Pipe

<puff> <pant>
A visitor in light green dressing strode up the path. He leaned on a seemingly ordinary staff, yet you had to avert your eyes as you looked at for too long.
There was an Inn ahead, with a picture of a Green Dragon over the front door. A party was going on in the front lawn. The visitor was tired after his long absence and needed rest. Brushing away a group of hobbit children he made it to the door, where a beggar pulled his arm. The old man looked up at the visitor blindly.
The visitor bent down slowly and clasped his arm.
"Who's that then, eh?" mumbled the blind beggar.
"What is your name, brethren?"
"Ah, he he *cough*, my name might be Jon the Blind, it might."
"Be at peace, Jon," said the green stranger.
Jon stared up, or turned his head up, and it seemed that there was a light returning to the world and his eyes, though it was night.
"Who - Who are you?"
"The Sixth Wizard," stated the stranger simply. "Let us enter this building."

The inside of the building was warm, some people chatted around the place, and a barmaid, a hobbit, addressed them.
"How may I help you?" she said.
"A warm bed and some ale for this poor soul," answered The Wizard.
"Certainly sir," she said happily. "And your name?"
"I think I'll keep that information to myself, thank you."
Jon was baffled. Why had this stranger told him his name and not to the barmaid? Did he hold him in greater trust?
"Okay sir," continued the barmaid. "Welcome to the Green Dragon Inn! I'm Ruby, and I'll show you to your room."
The Wizard payed her with some of the money from his purse. Ruby walked them through a long hall to a room for the travellers...

Last edited by The Sixth Wizard; 04-24-2006 at 11:09 PM.