View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #312
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Brand had gone all the way to the back of the column and informed Osmod they’d be resting at the hill that was now visible ahead of them. He nodded his agreement and watched as the other man went up the rather dispersed line of riders, telling them all where they were heading.

”Alright then, I guess I should talk to this Brand when we stop. I shouldn’t let him think he’s the leader of us Bregowares as well.” Osmod chuckled to himself, even though he didn’t mind Brand. On the other hand, he’d been feeling rather put off by the way Sythric had all but unilaterally decided to join groups with the others. Even if Osmod himself would have supported the idea, it seemed the old man was just as quick taking his support away from Osmod as what he had been giving it on the first place. Yet the old rider was scouting ahead and now Osmod could make choices without having to deal with his stares. The way the old man looked at him whenever Osmod seemed to do something he disagreed with, made the young leader feel like a kid who had let his father down.

As the rain started coming down in big, cold drops Osmod decided they were too spread out and it would be best for them to stay closer. Now all they could see and hear was the rain, doubtlessly sent by the gods to cleanse the earth from the orc filth, it would not do to be ambushed and too far apart to help each other. Again.

He approached Fion whom he’d been keeping an eye on all day long and patted his back. ”Come my friend, we are not too far from rest. You have been doing great today, my brave fellow scout” Osmod said, smiling at the young man. Then, he hurried his horse to catch up with Eostre and Athwen, who seemed to be conversing. The young girl had a good heart, that was for sure, if she worried about the other riders in spite of the grief she ought to have been feeling. He told the women he would rather have everyone riding closer to each other for the time being and hurried his horse again, knowing they’d follow him. Then he stopped abruptly, almost causing a small collision.

”Athwen, would you like us to stop for a moment so you can get your cloak out of your bags? It’s raining now and you will be cold when the night comes if you let your clothes get soaked”