View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 02:47 PM   #298
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Meghan

There had barely been time for her to say ‘thanks’ before Rædwald was calling Brand to come ride with him. She kicked Ash lightly in the flanks and urged her just behind the two men. Munching on the oatcake and piece of fish, she positioned herself a number of paces behind their horses. To be honest, she didn’t trust Rædwald not to warn him off her – him thinking he was doing what her brother might do.

Leof! I swear once we are back face to face, I will give you a good piece of my mind on this stunt you’ve pulled. Nice as it had been at the beginning when he’d first showed up, a familiar face from home. Now his presence was beginning to grate on her . . . and all the more so since they’d found the burned village. If he could, she thought, he would send her back to be with the other villagers on their slow march toward Edoras and he would take her place here.’

From the corner of her eye, she caught sight of one of the Wulfham women riding to the fore of the group. Vaenosa, she thought her name was. She had not really met her, though. The woman seemed to want to hold herself apart from the rest of the group – Wulfham as well as Bregoware, or so it seemed to Meghan.

Soon the woman had passed by the two men in front of Meghan. Perhaps Vaenosa was going to be one of the forward scouts. Her estimation of the woman went up several notches. ‘Brave choice, Vaenosa!’ she said quietly to herself, wishing her well as Vaenosa passed out of view.

Last edited by Undómë; 04-13-2006 at 03:07 PM.