View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 05:25 PM   #40
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Where to go now...

"Well, Ringwraith #4, I say we continue due west. What do you say?" asked the Witch-King from his comfy chair.

"Well, sir," started Ringwraith #4, trying his best to sound complex-minded, "heading due west will not take us directly towards our goal. We will be hundreds of miles to the north if we stay on that path. I think a path that is more west south-west would be a much more direct route, and will result in a faster race time and a more likely victory." He smiled with satisfaction at his own smartness.

The Witch-King just looked at him. Or rather through him. "Uhm... Sir?"

"Huh... Oh, what?" The Witch-King shook himself. "Sorry, I wasn't listening. There's just something about you trying to sound smart that puts me in a daze. Did you say you want to go south? What a stupid plan."

"Sir, I said west south-west. Not south. I know we don't want to go south." retorted #4, a little unhappy at being called stupid again.

"Oh. Well then, don't be so picky. West is just as good as west south-west. Now you're just trying to complicate things."

"But, sir..."

"No but's about it. We're going WEST, and that's final. Now, go get those orcs pushing and this massive mover moving!" finished the Witch-King, lounging back in his chair to wait for Minas Mor-go to start up again.

Ringwraith #4 trudged back towards the dungeon stair. He was not really upset about heading west, except where west took them. He had never liked visiting the other Ringwraiths realms of old, and he had doubts that the Witch-King would be able to pass up a visit to his begotten hold of Angmar. He personally would have loved to visit his own realm, which had been on the far side of the Sea of Rhûn, but that was out of the question. He could only hope to dissuade the Witch-King from heading west for too long, or else there'd be no avoiding the stop. It was unlikely to happen; he was the leader of the Ringwraiths after all, so he'd probably get his way. With that thought, he stepped through the last doorway into the dungeon.

*Ugh!* he though, *orcs again.* He pulled out his whip. "Alright, the troll's gone, get back to work! Push you mangy rats!"

"Where's Ôsh-gosh and the others?" one orc questioned.

"They're... enjoying their reward." said #4 with an evil smile on his invisible face. (<--- like that, only invisible. )