View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 04:36 PM   #26
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
A Tall Toll Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcarillo
The Witch-king retreated from the wall's edge and wandered back to the steering wheel. "Stupid troll. Too stupid to do anything. Can't even move out of the way. Dammit. We need to get past this troll! Ringwraith #4, what do you say we do?"
Still slightly hurt from being called simple-minded, Ring Wraith #4 looked down at the Tall Toll Troll in disgust. The nerve of such a creature! To stand in the middle of a mirky wood and demand that a toll be paid. Why would he pick such a place for his Trolling and Tolling? Surely somewhere far away from the race (or closer to the other racers at least) would have been a much better place.

Looking at the troll bought him shorter time then he had hoped, for before long the Witch King demanded: "Well! What say you!"

Making a face at the Witch King (which he couldn't see, fortunately *), he searched his mind for an answer. He was startled to realize how simple his mind actually was to search through, and quickly came back with the first thought he could find.

"Well, all we have to do is wait 'til morning and he'll turn to stone!"

The Witch-King sighed deeply. In his most exasperated tone he said, "First off, it's so dark here in Mirkwood that the sun will never touch him. We'll wait here forever and he'll never turn to stone, and we'll have surely lost the race then! Seriously, think of something worthwhile!"

"Maybe we could use mirrors to reflect the light on him!"

"No, indirect lighting never works right, you Dolt! You better think of something quick or I'll chain you to the axle!"

Horrified at the thought, Ring Wraith #4 wracked his simple-mind for anything. But all he could think of was that horrible possibility of being chained down in the dungeon. He was not horrified of being chained to the axle... pain was something he enjoyed, actually. He was more horiffied of being stuck down there with all those dirty, writhing orcs! Ooohh, disgusting. Wait! That was it!

"Sir, Witch-King, maybe we can do something with the orcs? I'm not sure what we'd do, but I think we can spare just a few more for something."

*I know this is technically wrong because, although the Ringwraiths were invisible to mortals, they all lived together in the Shadow Realm, and so plausibly could have seen each other there. Still, I liked it so much that I put it in.