View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 02:26 PM   #2194
Sir Kohran
Wight

Sir Kohran has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Hi there.

I found this board a few months back, but only joined a few days ago. I must say, I'm happy I did.

I was introduced to Tolkien's fantastic work through the release of the first movie in 2001. I was amazed and intrigued by Middle-Earth, and so I got the books that supposedly 'accompanied the movies'. I was blown away by just how massive and immersive Tolkien's universe is, and how much more there was that the movies couldn't show. I read the books as each movies came out, revelling in the Tolkien world. That was until I finished reading The Hobbit . Suddenly, there was nothing more to do - I had read all the books and seen all the movies. So what was next? Simple answer? Discussing them. So, that led me here, and what really caught on with me was the sequence by sequence part of the movies board. I'mlooking forward to clashing with people over movie changes .

As for myself, I'm your average male Tolkien fan. I live in Britain, and the weather is wet and grey at the moment - hardly the sort of weather we should be getting in April...but I'm getting off-topic.

Anyhow, that's my welcome done. Now, onto the boards!