View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 12:44 PM   #151
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
Mithalwen is Frederica von Stade. I think it's because of her warning to Gilrdan Magic Flute signature from the first Survivor thread, and I associate von Stade with Mozart operas. Even though I know the Queen of the Night isn't a mezzo-soprano role.
wow ... I can't aspire to F " in alt " I used to have to be having a very good day to get above the stave at all but with age the voice has gone higher rather than bigger so I can manage mezzo - but not like F von S (I wish). If I could have chosen any career it would have been opera singer but alas I have all of the temperament (the Queen of the Night moments are genuine!) and none of the talent . I can sing a bit but to have "a voice" is such a gift. I sang in a concert with professional orchestra and soloists once at La Madeleine and it was just the most amazing buzz.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote