View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 10:07 PM   #1069
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendė
Too late! But we have a perfectly good one in Sheffield, even though it does remind you of Grace Brothers. I once nearly went to work at the London branch too, but I decided to remain provincial.
Would you be speaking of Grace Brothers from Are You Being Served? I absolutely love that show, but unfortunately the very evil Wiscinsin Public Television keeps taking it off the air or changing the time it's on. One of my earliest memories is of my parents watching Are You Being Served? and especially of Mrs. Slocum's ever-changing hair. But I think this discussion belongs more in the Shire than Mordor...

College junk mail. I get tons of it in the regular mail every day and a fairly steady stream through e-mail. Almost all of it is from places I've never heard of and don't want to go to. Not to mention the enormous amount of paper wasted on mail I don't even open.

On a similar note, junkmail for senior pictures. I seem to be getting a bunch of this lately too. Fortunately, my best friend's aunt is a photographer and is willing to barter with me for pictures, so I don't have to pay any of those exorbitant prices!

Realizing I'll be getting back from Nationals for robotics (a 1,000+ mile drive) the night before I have not one, but two AP tests. I'm dead. The only good part about that situation is that the tests (English and French) are ones I would be able to take again next year without too much studying.