View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 06:06 PM   #2571
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
That all looks far too complicated to me, Farael.
I guess us young ones are more used to change

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
All this adding extra roles and boosting the powers of others to compensate seems to me simply to add unnecssary complication and risks seriously unbalancing the game. I am all for tweaking the roles or trying out new ones, but I think it best that these things be done incrementally rather than by wholesale change. That way, new roles can be tested with minimum risk of imbalance and, if they work, can be later incorprated into new games in different combinations.
Well, I wouldn't really be giving anything to the others to compensate. Let me state it more simply.

There is a cap on the number of vampires, which is half the number of wereX rounded up. The vampires can only be more than the cap number should the wereX get lynched but not the vampires.

The vampires don't get a nightly kill untill all the wereX are gone.

A vampire trying to convert a wereX gets himself revealed to the wereX
A vampire trying to convert a gifted reveals himself to the gifted and in turn the vampire knows he has chosen a gifted (but not what gifted)

A wereX trying to devour a vampire does it as if it was a villager.

Vampires don't get nightly kills until all the wereX's are gone.

The only way it'd work is with a large village though. The vampires are unlike the werebears in that they don't get a nightly kill every night, and the only way they can rid themselves of the wereX's is by the "conventional" methods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
Oh, and I still don't like wereorcs. They just come across as wholly underwhelming.
How about were-wyrms? They're canon.
Ok.... were-wyrms in a dwarven cave?