View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 05:23 PM   #928
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I assign another weekend from Hell. It begins when a normal eye examination turns into a two hour horror akin to something from Marathon Man but with eyes and bright lights instead of teeth and drills, and then the optician finds something dodgy in one eye. So now I have to wait until the hospital can look at it to tell me if it's bad and if they have a glass eye and a patch on ice for me. *shudder*

Then I get up on Saturday morning and find we cannot get into the front room as the door catch was jammed (this is where the computers and the telly are, so it was doubly horrific) so davem had to kick the door down like in a scene from the Professionals. Despite this being funny, it split apart an original door frame and the blast knocked the pictures off the walls!

Then we stayed in all day expecting snow and there was nothing! to top this off, one of the cats had an 'accident' in the laundry pile at bedtime on Sunday. And today you realise that your job is possibly the most boring job going.

I hope chocolate has not been sent to Mordor...