View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 10:13 AM   #13
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

If I had your friend's assignment, I would pretend my magazine was the newest issue of an already established one that came out quarterly. The name is his/her problem! There are so many forums with cool names, just borrow one! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I would make it the spring 03 issue. There would be one article about upcoming RoTK (movie) rumours and such, a one page recap of any awards TTT (movie) has been up for.

A "Letters to Olorin" (or some other knowledgable type) would be good up at the front. Then a beautiful "Springtime in Lothlorien" spread, with various artist renderings of Lothlorien and a lot of info (book, book, book!) Maybe "Gamgee Gardens" with a bit about shire gardening. Then pick something from the Silmarillion and highlight it, maybe a small info type bit about lifespans of the inhabitants in middle earth. An ad section at the back, with all sorts of "created" products, a trivia page? ...this would be such a fun thing. I wish I was in school, instead of doing laundry and worrying about everyhting! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: Liriodendron ]