View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 01:50 PM   #369
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by a phantom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce
Charming as ever, I see.
Yes, yes, I'm always so kind and subtle when arguing, aren't I?
Ah yes, I had rather forgotten that irony is sometimes unappreciated across the Atlantic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a phantom
So, because 33% were elves, you voted for them 70% of the time?

And, because most of the rest were Numenorean Kings, you voted for them every time you weren't voting for an elf?

I'm sorry, Sauce, but I won't be fully convinced that you aren't anti-elf until I see you vote for one of the Other Speakers, or a man without elf blood.
Predictable as ever, too, I see.

You just don't get this show, do you?

Had I and other like-minded people not voted in the way that we have, I calculate that Elves and Numenorean Kings would now comprise over two-thirds of the remaining contestants and be well on their way to comprising 100%. Which would be rather dull.

I appreciate that this is how you would like to see it but, and you might want to sit down here because this will come us a bit of a shock, not everyone shares your opinion and neither should they.

The point is that the Elves and Numenorean Kings, as a group, started out with an unfair numerical advantage. I have simply been seeking to redress that imbalance.

But you are right. I should not always vote for Elves and Numenorean Kings. So I will vote for a Half-Elf instead.

- - CIRDAN
+ + ELROND

It was the "tra-la-la-lallies" what done it. And, in the Second Age, he was a mere flunky. Not a worthy winner at all.