View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 02:36 PM   #240
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I don't think you should be that worried, Farael. That was one character's interpretation in a disstressing situation - and remember: most of it was his self-thought: so nothing that would be known by anyone other than himself!!!
Of course, but I'm writing for the proverbial reader, even if only Pio reads our story besides ourselves... I don't want my reader to think the way Sythric thought. The Reader has insight into Sythric's thoughts and given that a written story lacks some of the aspects of reality, the way other characters percieve the reality of the story can often be taken by the reader for it to be the 'true' reality of the story. If the four remaining characters happen to think the same way than Sythric did, the reader might be VERY persuaded to think that way as well... and it just doesn't go with the way I want Osmod to be.

Edit: Cross-posted with Pio... I forgot to say, I'm sorry if it sounded as if I was reprimending Nogrod for his post... he sent a draft to me and I asked him to change just one thing (which he did) and go ahead with it... I won't repeat what I said above about The Reader, but again, feel free to let your characters react as they will, yet if you are unsure about it do me a favour and mellow Sythric's comments down a little. If not, I'll have to play with the cards I'm dealed.. that's part of the fun of this kind of RPG's! Unlike others that rely on dice and weird abilities to beat a certain oponent, here we know that the story will end the way we want it to end (whichever that may be) and the 'fun' is writing along with others.