View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 10:14 AM   #61
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wulfham

The night was beggining to deepen when Vaenosa walked Nay towards a bunch of low growing vegetation. She was looking for a certain plant, with a nasty taste that might help keep Nay away from the female horses. He was still fairly young and the female horses smelled enticing. "Ah Ha!" She exclaimed as she bend down to pull up some plants by their roots. "These should work!"

Heading back to the camp Vaenosa noticed that Incana had already tied and fed the other horses, but was nowhere to be found. Knowing well that Nay would not stand to be tied up, she decided to keep him close to her. He would have to sleep by her side tonight. She plunked herself down on her bed roll, which the men had placed beside the fire and pulled from her bag a small bowl. She took the plants and began to crush the roots and leaves with the knob of a stick. The smell began to eminate up and hit her in the face."Whoa! this stuff stinks!" Nay put his muzzle down close to the bowl and gave a snort. The stuff must have made it's way up his nose and was now making him sneeze and run around her in circles.She let out a hearty laugh that continued as she watched Nay roll around on the ground, legs in the air.By the end she was holding her sides while tears threatened to squeeze out the corner of her eyes.

She then realized she was not alone.She had momentarily forgotten the others. She straightened her tunic, gave a small hiccup, then composed herself back to the wretched woman who hated everything. She looked towards where the men were gathered and saw Incana approaching Brand after tying her own horse to a nearby tree. Incana looked towards where Vaenosa was, towards her bed roll with longing. Vaenosa smiled at her, even if she was not sure she saw. She was in a good mood after that laugh. She had felt so constrained with the men around.

Not feeling at all tired she decided she would take the first watch. If of course the Men did not mind. She rose up from where she sat and made her way towards the small group. "I wish to take the first watch for the evening. Nay will not settle down for awhile yet and I cannot tie him up like the others, escape artist that he is! I also made a salve for the other horses, if Nay won't leave them at peace. It smells real strong, but it tastes great on meat. I know where to find more, if it turns out you all like it.

Vaenosa walked back towards her sleeping roll, picked it up and moved it to a place close to the outskirts. She gave a stern look at Nay telling him to stay put, grabbed the bowl of salve and walked back to the group. "Here, I think it is called Hot root or something of the like." She said as she handed the bowl to Dorran. It should keep Nay out of things as well as keep him from nipping your horses even more. She gave Incana an appologetic smile, for the damage Nay had caused Starlight.

With that she walked back to her bedroll, sat down and placed her bow beside her with her battered quiver. She secretly pulled out her two small daggers, placing them close by. They were not good at armed combat, but it would keep anyone from sneaking up on her, she knew just how to slide a blade in between two ribs,deadly if accurate. Sitting cross legged with her back slightly to the fire, she shivered, it was going to be a cold night.

Last edited by Valier; 02-17-2006 at 03:10 PM.