View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 10:58 AM   #47
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wulfham

Vaenosa finished tying the last bundle of wood to take with them on their trip, she would wait till the last possible time to put them on Nay's back. He hated things on him for too long, which could be a problem on their journey.

Brand asked her if she would care to ride up front, and slyly hinted that she should stay with the group. Vaenosa was one who could not pass at the chance to pick fun of men so she said coyly and quietly. " Oh but good gentleman, that is how I would prefer it, me up front or rather...up wind.... from any foul wafting. I understand my sprint gave you all a fright, but I assure you I know what I'm doing. Piling the bundles in her arms she turned her back and walked away.

She pluncked the bundles not far away, but she did not head to the fire and the warm tea just yet. She had been here before and thought she was pretty close to a spot where there might still be berries clinging to the branches. She headed down a small rock path that lead to a slightly misshapen tree, left and just through a large earth overhang ,there was a large thorny bush of wild berries. Vaenosa pulled out her riding gloves from her belt, these would come in handy with those pesky thorns.

Vaenosa literally emerged from the bush half an hour later, with scratches to prove it. She had a broad smile upon her face, she had folded her tunic to cradle the heavy load she had produced. These berries were still fairly plump and juicy, the birds had not dared to venture that far into the thorny lair. She made her way back down the path that led to the small circle of people and horses.

She strode into the camp and made her way to Dorran. "Mistress Dorran, could you possibly find some use for these?" As she tipped her tunic slightly to show the young man the berries. "I will put them here" she said after reaching up and pulling a few leaves from a tree, she motioned towards a patch of grass, where she laid the leaves with the berries cradled on top.

All of a sudden she heard a squeal from where the horses were, wheeling around she saw Nay nipping one of the other horses, a female in the haunches chasing her around a nearby tree." Nay! you insufferable lout leave that Mare alone!" She started head long for her horse when she nearly ran right into Incana who was running to save her horse from the rambunctious colt.

Last edited by Valier; 02-12-2006 at 06:48 PM.