View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 05:03 PM   #84
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry
Bregoware will be across the river and 60 miles south of Wulfham (a 2 full days ride - and here we will agree that horses can average 25 to 30 miles per day).

Wulfham will have left 3 days prior to Bregoware. That will make them 30 miles ahead of Bregoware on the third day.

We will spend only a few days riding as separate groups.

I will have something happen to the Wulfham group which will slow them down at some very soon time - players will be alerted on the discussion thread.

At that point the Bregoware party can discover us - by advance riders or simply running into our camp at some point. We do not need to work this out at this point.
Quote:
Then, my older character, Rędwald will be meeting up with the group before they cross the river, is that correct?

My plan was to have him come upon them at their evening camp.

Also, since we are a day away from the river - that will make us 2 days behind Wulfham once we've crossed. Is that where you meant to have us?
I sadly came up to a similar calculation as I checked Arry's message quoted above (even though I think we are 2 days behind the Wulfham riding party, not the town of Wulfham itself... you propably meant that too, but as we most of us have a secondary English, just wanted to check).

But I also think, there is an easy way to resolve this one. If the Wulfhamers start just TWO days earlier (not three), they could spend the second night around the area were the ferry is - so where the Outlanders would be coming to the next night, or something. So the Wulfhamers would have a ONE day lead. And as Arry promised to slow them down for the Outlanders to catch, we could eventually catch them the second evening (Outlander reckoning - fourth by Wulfhamer reckoning), or the next morning, or day, or whenever Arry's plans would lead to it. I quess this will depend on how Arry's "slowing down" of them is going to happen, and propably we shouldn't even know it in the first place. I think this is going smoothly as we just can settle this "first night out" -problem. But surely we can already ride on. It's just morning in our game now!

Wulfham people starting off two days earlier sure makes them ride two days more together, but we Outlanders could talk more (in real time) - and with the advent of Raedwald first and then Sythric second, and a river to be crossed, I think we have lots of writing before meeting these other fellows.

And sure Undómė, I believe, that Raedwald should catch the others the first evening (and Sythric during the night), otherwise these elderly chaps would have quite a tuff ride to make for the gap. Indeed Raedwald shouldn't be so very many hours behind the others (the party left in the morning, and all of the evacuation was already done before afternoon), maybe he left at noon, or something. Up to you, I suppose?

Last edited by Nogrod; 02-07-2006 at 05:07 PM.