View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 07:25 PM   #2484
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Tindo

Tindo had not intended to go to the party. What he had wanted to do was to pack his and Telu’s belongings, see to the care of their horses, pay what they might owe to the Dragon, and be ready at first light to leave the Inn. To return westward, to the havens, where he and Telu would sail West. And no amount of pouting lip, glaring eye, or threatened tears would sway him.

He’d finished the packing and was about to go downstairs to find something for his evening meal, when the sound of music and laughter drifted up and through the window to his room. He twitched back the curtain giving a cursory glance to the festivities below. He had nearly turned away when his eye caught sight of his sister. In her green dress, she was like a new leaf caught in a sudden breeze - he saw another Elf hold her hand and twirl her about. And on the Elf’s face seemed a look of interest and delight at the figure of his sister.

He rubbed at his forehead, a sort of exasperated ache furrowing his brow. ‘Telu, what are you doing now?’

All thought of eating fled him as he trounced down the stairs and out the door to the party. His gaze was fixed on his sister as he wove his way toward her . . .

Telu

Telu’s cheeks were flushed pink, from the poem Emlin had said to her and from the pressure of his hand on hers as he twirled her about. She took a deep breath in an attempt to recollect herself and a step back from him. Her eyes caught sight of Farael, across the yard from her, and she smiled, hoping he had seen her there.

‘I’ve not introduced my self,’ she began, turning her attention back to Emlin and trying to sound as normal and unflustered as she might. ‘My name is Teluyaviel. And yes, I am from the Great Green Wood.’ Her eyes clouded for a moment. ‘But of late we, my brother and I, have come from the Havens. Taking one last journey . . . at my request.’

She heard her name called from somewhere behind her. Telu turned and smiled, thinking her brother had relented and would join her at the party. ‘Tindo!’ she called back to him. ‘Come meet a new friend – Emlin.’
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .