View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 05:12 PM   #2469
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
...In among the heather, o'er the moor
and through the heather
But if I were king, I would make her queen
The bonny wee lass I met among the heather
Down the moor . . .

Such a beautiful song and a really nice voice singing it were not quite helping Farael's feeling of lonelyness. While he had kept himself busy during most of the afteroon, he was now standing by himself, dressed in his best clothes. Far from the soldier garments he had worn during the day, the only clue about his Gondorian descent was a little brooch in the shape of a white tree. He had hoped Telu, his newly met elven friend, would appreciate the change, yet she was nowhere to be seen.

Although the wide open space was slowly filling up with all sorts of individuals, Farael towered over most of them, just because he was rather tall for a human and most people -yes, they might not be human but they are still people he reminded himself - were much shorter than him. As the song was winding down and many of the listeners clapped their hands, congratulating the singer, he saw her at last. Telu was all the way across the place, closer to the door while he was standing fairly close to where the band was now playing. He smiled at her, hoping she would look over to where he stood and waited. Farael was not sure his waiting was out of shyness, not wanting to force himself into Telu's company or fear of her older brother. Maybe it was a little of all.