View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 03:47 PM   #20
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hereric bowed slightly at the counselor’s recognition, as cold as it was. “I take orders from his majesty, or yourself,” he replied quietly. “But I know the river, and the lay of Pelegir on the edge of it, and how to use my ship to the best of her advantage - in assault or defense. You may plan the battle as you see fit by yourself, though if I am of any use to you, I am at your convenience.

“If my lord thinks it is best,” he went on, addressing the king, “I will hail the other ships and explain the added sail. On the other hand, I doubt that they will not spread more sail of their own accord when they see us going on at a swifter speed. It will be necessary to let them know that we will be entering into battle by late afternoon (very likely entering into battle, anyway) so that they can prepare themselves as necessary.”

He waited for the king to reply to his question, or for Menelcar to make clear his intentions of the planning of battle.