View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 11:47 AM   #255
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The Troll was making a rather large dent and causing damage and much havoc, fighting farther into the camp. Bror scrambled over rocks and pushed his way through rushing elves and panicking children. The refugees were being pulled away from the beastly creatures and the archers were coming in from one side, with elves wielding spears advancing on the other.

Skald ran on Bror’s right, and Rori and two other Dwarves to his other side. Bror and the others finally came to where he stood, but they halted as a pause seemed to fill the air. The troll stood surrounded by a half circle of a wall of elves, bristling with arrow tips and spears. Bror bent to look below the elbow of an elf he stood behind to see the troll. The thing seemed unsure of himself and a fierce, angry look was plastered on his idiotic face.

It was only a momentary pause, and then with a roar the beast lunged forward towards his adversaries, swinging his huge club and planning on taking half a dozen down with one sweep. He hadn’t even reached the first rank of archers before two dozen arrows left the bow strings and hissed through the air. Most of them found their mark, and quite a few could have killed the troll on its own. He fell with a deafening roar and a crash, killed.

Bror’s mouth curled with disgust as he drew back from the ruin. There were two left, but there were other elven warriors already surrounding it. They would not likely be needing any help. He turned to look at Skald and let his breath out with something like a sigh.

“I really wish we could go back, Skald,” he said, walking towards him. “All this killing and surprise attacks and unsafe wandering is making me sick. I’m tired of it. And I’m sorry to complain to you,” he added as an afterthought. “And it’s not as if it’s your fault. I know that.” He let out another sigh and shook his head. “Should we get back to our watch, do you suppose?” And then another thought struck him. “I say, Skald,” he said, “whoever was keeping watch on that side of the camp wasn’t keeping a very sharp one.”

Last edited by Folwren; 12-20-2005 at 02:08 PM.