View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 12:06 PM   #330
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe Not to get off the Gurthang topic, but...

I wasn’t able to keep up with this game quite as well as I wanted to, but I did have at least fleeting suspicion of Mormegil when he said this: (I’m not sure if it was brought up in the game or not)

Quote:
Saucepan, you give me far too much credit. My ineptitude at influencing people should be widely known by now. Also only a suicidal wolf would try and match wits with you and m neither no wolf nor one with wits to rival youthink my own mediocrity clears me of this charge.
“Neither no wolf” means that he is...not not a wolf? Which would make him...a wolf? “nor one with wits to rival you” meaning...that he could be a wolf, just not one with wits to rival SpM (and no wolf would claim the wits to rival SpM anyway, except maybe the phantom). Although a confusing statement, it sounded a lot to me like a wolf who doesn’t like to outright lie in the WW games, so he instead resorted to a confusing statement that, in fact, refuted nothing while making it seem that he did. Very confusing, but I actually thought I had hit upon something there.

I had discussed that suspicion with Gurthang, who countered with his theory that Formendacil was a wolf & Fordim was the Cobbler...I still think mine was better.

Posted by Fordim:
Quote:
It was a lot of fun being the cobbler but talk about a difficult job. Not only was I trying to identify two very crafty wolves I then had to try and hide that I was identifying them.
Tell me about it! It’s hard enough to discern wolves, but then you have to not cast suspicion on them or, in some cases, backtrack to try to un-do some of your suspicion casting. A very hard role, and especially if you elect to try to stick around until the end.

I really enjoyed Fordim’s game (and hopefully I’ll have some time that I can use to go over it more), partially because it reminded me a lot of my own, only much better. Not only did he seem to do a better job confusing people, but he didn’t support either of the wolves nearly as strongly as I was forced to support Eomer in WW7.

Whereas I committed too early and couldn’t back off without looking suspicious (and, after being lynched and found to be the Cobbler, dooming the final wolf), Fordim seemed (from what I read) to do a good job of never really getting sucked into defending the wolves. Of course it may have helped that Formen & Holby weren’t at the top of the collective suspicion list much.

Anyways, good game all – and good modding as well.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote