View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 12:08 AM   #2314
Lilly
Haunting Spirit

Lilly has just left Hobbiton.
Lilly and her Aunt help out

‘Can Auntie and I lend you a hand,’ Lilly asked, watching Cook bustle about the kitchen. Ruby and Buttercup had come in from the Common Room and were now going about the tasks Cook had assigned them.

Lilly washed up her hands and plucked an apron from the pegs by the door. ‘I noticed you had a batch of cookie dough setting here on the counter in that big blue bowl.’ She picked up the bowl and brought it over to the table. ‘Auntie Violet and I can spoon these out onto the cookie pans if you’ll just show me where they are.’

Buttercup pointed to the bottom cupboard where the pans were stacked and Ruby fetched them each a couple of spoons. ‘They’re spice drops,’ she told them, as Lilly tied an apron on her aunt. ‘Make them about walnut size and roll them in this pan of chopped nuts and sugar.’ She was about to give further instruction when Lilly smiled and said she thought Aunt Violet and she could figure out what needed to be done. Buttercup came over and led Ruby away. ‘Thanks for the help. And don’t mind her,’ she said, nodding at Ruby. ‘Sometimes she gets carried away with her instructions.’

Lilly put the bowl of dough and the bowl of sugary nut bits near her aunt. She gave them each a pan to fill and started spooning the balls of dough into the nut mixture and then onto the pan.