View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 01:30 PM   #27
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
was an idle wish, and to me it seems kind of sad that Christopher, who was such an intimate of his father's in the creation of Middle-earth, became his father's archivist rather than wielding the pen as a storyteller in his own right.~Mr. Underhill
That's also always something I've wondered about. I think there are different views than this, but the way I view it is, Christopher loved his father's writings (and I think The Hobbit even was a bedtime story), he went through great amounts of notes and scribblings to try to conclude whatever could be...concluded. And I find Christopher as probably as high of an authority as his father when it comes to his writings and would accept anything he would have added to the story (perhaps making some new ones). Knowing full well that he had the best interests of his fathers and sort of took on what his father left behind.