View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 10:57 PM   #611
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I have one teacher, who I must absolutely send to Mordor. He is more interested in his elaborate points system than in teaching. I would expect a points system to be used in elementary school, but not at my age! Each day, he tallies up these immature little points, which make up practically more than half of one's grade. And he'll take them away for the most ridiculous reasons. The entire class could be talking, and one student might ask him a question without raising a hand, and he'll call it a class disruption and take away a point, even if said student is two feet away. And even if that sudent is raising his hand, my teacher wil refuse to acknowledge it until the "class leader" calls upon her. Even if you mutter quietly to yourself, he'll take points. And next class, we'll be getting "group points". *groan*

I mentioned our "class leaders". In a nutshell, this student's job is to do the teacher's for him. The "class leader" does all the talking, choosing students as volunteers, etc. And then there is the next level in my teacher's twisted little empire of a classroom: the "group leaders". Their job is to keep the others quiet and grab the books, but they never do. It's not that they boss others into doing such, it's just that there are students who do so even when not "group leader". It's a rather pointless job.

And my teacher's whole idea of teaching bothers me to the core. He, rather than telling us the answer, tells us to look it up. This is understandable when the question is "When was the Boston Tea Party?", but certainly not when one just wants to know what the weather is. He also poses the most ridiculous questions during discussions, like what might happen if the moon explodes. Totally irrelevant to the topic of lunar phases.

Also, when one has been absent for a class, rather than telling you what you have missed, he'll just tell you to look at another student's agenda. Nobody uses their agendas (I confess that I use mine for drawing ships and swords, actually)! Is he too lazy? Does he just not care? Grrrrrr. . . off to Mordor with 'im!
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote