View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 03:05 PM   #2303
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tim and Wren Woodlock

Tim was busy in the stables. Two new horses to be put up had arrived almost at the same time, and one of the riders had asked him to groom his mule. The animal needed it, too. He was hot and sweaty, particular where the harnesses of the cart had been. He had taken him to water first and had been just about to lead him into the stables when another horse trotted up. He tied the mule up quickly to the ring on the barn’s wall and hurried forward to take the horse’s rein’s.

Being thus occupied with them, he found himself unable to held Fordogrim Chubb with the ale as he had promised. Tim certainly intended on rushing back out there just as soon as he’d finished up in the stables and washed his hands. And in little time at all, he finished the job with the horse and mule, and headed back out. He took his place beside Fatty and began again to fill mugs.

---------------------------------------------------------

Wren, kneeling beside a large chest (compared to her), dug through the contents thereof. Her eyes were bright and she’d practically forgotten the trouble of a few minutes ago. There were other things to occupy her mind now.

“What sort of party is it, Ginger?” she asked. “Will there be dancing as well as music? There used to be dances in Bree that we would all go to. Tim and I would play with the other kids around there, who would all come. Do you think that Hanson and Woody who were here last night will come again?”

Ginger laughed at Wren’s excited chatter and pulled out a lovely looking dress that she had just dug out. “What do you think of this one, Wren?” Wren lifted her head.

“It’s pretty!” she said, smiling broadly. “I think you should wear it.” Ginger chuckled again and Wren turned back to her searching. A moment later, she bounded up to her feet, holding out a little, blue dress in front of her. “Look, look!” she cried, skipping excitedly to Ginger’s side. “This one might fit me perfectly!” It certainly did appear to be a well made, human child’s dress, and one that may fit Wren’s slight figure.