View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 11:30 AM   #284
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Quote:
And gosh golly gee-whiz and cheerio to him
Because, naturally, all Umbarian corsairs were schooled in 1920s Eton

Ok, exeunt Aman the corsair, enter Aman the moan - Eorl, I'm...not really keen on that idea. I mean, you've already made Ferethor's escape a ship-wide alarm, as you put it, and as this is worked in with other posts, then fine, all well and good. But jumping into the water and then having Chakka rescue you? As Folwren said, it wouldn't happen, not believably - the Captain isn't even particularly sure whether he does want to even entertain the prospect of an alliance with Chakka, and his life would be rather more carefree if he was to just get rid of him. Far from wanting to make a rescue attempt, Rakin would be more likely to see this as a way to easily get rid of two troublesome slaves. Sorry, I just don't think it's realistic - that isn't meant to sound harsh, but really. And dressing in sailor's clothes would be unlikely to disguise him - this isn't a particularly big ship; the crew would probably all know each other. I won't ask you to change your last post, no point, but would you mind if in my next post, as you have already had Rakin "hurrying out onto the decks", I have Ferethor recognised and promptly thrown back to the oars? It would probably instill in him an even greater hate against Rakin, good for character development, but I don't see the others ideas about going overboard being realistically feasible.