View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 06:16 PM   #253
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Well, these ideas all sound fun, but they aren't really Werewolf in essence. The heart is just wolves versus villagers. Adding so much more just confuses the game, and in the end it is nowhere near the actual game. But, if people like the new things, try them anyway. It's whatever the players want.

Gil, putting so many wolves in the game wouldn't necessarily mean more people. You could just make all the villagers have a special role. For instance:

6 wolves (2 teams of 3)
3 rangers
3 hunters
2 seers

And maybe let the rangers PM so they can cordinate their protection. This would give the villagers more chance for staying alive, and the extra hunter(plus the other wolf team) ups the chance that the wolves will die each night.

The only problem we had with the multiple kills each night was that the village died so quickly. Granted, in WWIIX, the villagers did win, but it was because they got a wolf Day 1, and had the other two within 4 days. The other game with a Beorning had the bear dead on Day two. My point is that, with so many wolves, the double nightly killings are likely to last the whole game, and that's something the village will probably not survive.

Oh, and where is Perky? Have we decided to skip him?