View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 06:17 AM   #1313
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Wonderful, Great stuff, *phew* for a horrible moment there I thought I had been reading Naiore's Character Totally wrong, but her absence of fear is exactly what I had planned for Vanwe to discover. Pio summed up here more or less exactly what Vanwe would come to realise and pity about her mother:

Quote:
A person who has never experienced fear, I would think, would also have no basis for empathy, sympathy, compassion for others . . . or real love.
In essence realising that Naiore could never be anything than what she is, never the mother she longed for. The wrongness she sensed in Léspheria was similiar to the wrongness she senses in her mother but not the same as she believes at the moment, as Léspheria's fears were merely supressed where as Naiores are absent all together. As for Menecin she percieved that rather than surpressing his fears he is in fact driven by them. ie Hildes quote:

Quote:
Rather he is feeling the full weight of responsibility for her.
Vanwe's need would be to show him that the responsibilty was never his to carry That as he had once told her the flaw was Naiores and it was her choice to follow the path she did. She will also feel sorrow for him as she comes to realise that Naiore was never capible of ever truely loving him as he did her.

While Vanwe will come to the realisation that her mother is beyond saving/healing she will still be ruled by her own sense of compassion and not wish to harm Naiore even if it is the only way to truely save her from herself!