View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 11:40 AM   #19
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Love that list Angry because they are exact quotes (almost) fromt the book which states that if someone had the will power and strength, they could use The Ring the same way that Sauron uses The Ring. Gandalf, Saruman and Galadriel all had the power to use The Ring for evil, yet they did not have the will to do so. Frodo asked why he couldn't see into the minds of the others as Galadriel could, which shows he did have the will to do so, but only for that brief period of time. Sam had the will to use it for good (gardening) yet he was still concious of what The Ring could do to him which also shows for that period of time, he had the will to use The Ring. Gollum, seeing as he possessed The Ring for so long, always had the will to use it to get fish. Notice how three have the power to use it but not the will, and three have the will to use it and not the power. They were all being put to the test to see what would happen if they had the chance to use it.

Now I know that this was completely random, but I couldn't help but and emphasis on what Angry said in his post.