View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 12:53 PM   #6
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
As far as the implode/explode of Sauron after having his fingers and ring removed (yes, it should have been only the ring finger), it kind of shows really how greedy for absolute power he was to the detrimant of himself.~Holby
I have to disagree (though it's not a bad thing), but I think this is pretty clearly shown without having Isildur crawl up and cut off one of Sauron's finger. That is, I think it's shown fairly well (and more later on), how greedy Isildur was when it came to wanting the Ring. (Isildur's scroll, Elrond's account...etc).

Quote:
"But there were some who resisted" and the music and marching Elendil which accompany it. It really captures the spirit of the Free Peoples in LOTR.~Anguirel
I too love that line.

(And I just realized upon watching it, we don't see Isildur at Mount Doom with Elrond until much later. I forgot that this part wasn't until later, sorry about that alatar).