View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 10:23 PM   #542
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eodwine regarded Saeryn with amusement. "Right to the point indeed," he murmured, then quaffed his ale.

"I wager," said Falco, finding a spare moment between hobbit-sized mouthfuls (which are big) of food, "you've forgotten what to do, or to say to the lass. If I were you-"

"You are not me, friend Falco Buffoon, and therefore I will have my say in the matter. Little you know." He cuffed the hobbit on the pate in good smithly fashion.

"Ack! I'm no Garreth, arunning off at the mouth to be treated so!"

"Eat your second supper, hobbit." Eodwine turned back to Saeryn, whose smirk was at whose expense he was not quite sure. "The Lady Giedd is no lass, but a woman of good standing among the folk of Edoras. I will admit that she is no hardship upon the eye. But truth be told, I was at the Golden Hall the better part of the afternoon and only arrived at the lady's house not two hours ago." Falco had swallowed, and had begun to silently imitate Eodwine behind his back, much to the amusement of Saeryn, who did an admirable job of keeping a straight face.
"I told her my news," Eodwine continued, "and left Gudryn with her for now. What words passed between us I am not free to say, out of due honor to the lady. Any good Ealderman would say no different. So you shall have to ask her yourself, maybe later this evening if she comes this way with Gudryn. But I have not seen your brother Degas in a long while. What has become of him?"