View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 03:02 PM   #7
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily Gamgee
Now call me crazy
Dear Crazy,

Feel free to rant. What you've presented is both interesting and odd. Seems to me that you were dealing with the local chapter of the 'Down with PJ' club - I mean, come on, when you've made shirts...

What I can't figure out is why they would waste the time. Surely there was a time in my life that I had gobs of time to kill, and so found many standard and odd things with which to get involved, but this sounds like there's intent. Had this group gotten together before and talked about the films? Were they future film critics, having taken classes in the same? Have you spoken privately with the person who had invited you to the party, and what were his/her thoughts? Did you discuss your POV with this person? If so, again what was the person's response?

And just to note that there will be times when you'll be the odd one out and you'll have to just deal. Speak your piece, unless this increases others' frothing at the mouth, then just nod and smile and enjoy the show (not the one on the DVD).