View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 02:02 PM   #3
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
The first thought that came to my head while ready your post was that humans define their reality by their misery.

But then I thought, that doesn't make much sense. I must come up with something better.

The "purist thing"...hmm. I'd say that the fact the these so-called "purists" put themselves out so far to see these movies which they claim to hate is a compliment to the movies. There are certain movies out there that no-one goes to see. I can't think of any examples because I haven't seen any of them. Those are the really bad movies.

The fact that people are watching LOTR, even if it's to bash them, means that there is some colour there.

I've been at those purist parties where people bash the movie, only to argue their points and a great discussion erupts while the movies lay forgotten in the background. Ah, those are good times and I would sit through the bashing just to get to those discussion points.

But it sounds to me like everyone at your weekend thing was on one side. Maybe they all felt good feeling the same way. Maybe this is one of those things that makes one feel more intelligent and superior to the lower-movie-watching-class. Who knows?

Anyway, I hope you argued for our beloved movies while you were there and tried to draw the snakes out of the grass to see if they had legit reasons for their opinions.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote