View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 09:23 AM   #55
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Well, Fea, thinking about it, and picking a few non-conformists:

Nienna, Ulmo, Feanor, Galadriel, Maglor, Daeron, Maeglin, Turin, Elendil, Arvedui, Frodo...

they don't always seem to get happiness. Still, at least they get lovely FAME!
But they do good. And they create beautiful things. They are artists, m'boy.

Feanor created the Silmarilli. What truer art can you find than that which can never be forgotten? He captured light... that is simply amazing. Flashlights just don't hold up to many-faceted jewels. (note to self: think more about he Arkenstone and it's connexions).

Galadriel preserved art... she was more of the museum care-taker than the artist herself, and she kept at least part of the world a safe and beautiful place. She may not have been truly happy, but she was good, and she was kind. She understood things, and though that tends to be a sure way to breed cynicism, pessimism, and a whole lot of depression, Galadriel never lost hope.

Daeron created song. Must I say more?

Turin... well... fate dealt him one heck of a hand, I must say. But he made the world a safer place, yes?

It is not the fame that I think about, but the cause of it. As I have said before... I do not want to be remembered... I want my deeds to be.

Oh, and here's another thing. Perhaps all of your examples are conforming to Eru's will. Hm? What say you to that. Maybe the reason they aren't happy is because they know that they have no free will. They're too busy serving a higher purpose. How d'ya like them apples?