View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 12:15 PM   #60
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
A Journey into Realms of the Ridiculous

Quote:
i remember back when, by a glitch, The Perky Ent's was registered User, i found that cool
I think Ainaserkewen also had that title for awhile! Probably some others, too. It would be amusing if someone actually chose that for a PT!

Quote:
Oh I know it'll take me awhile to get to the big 500. But hey. I got to start thining. I'm not that far away now. Only about 250 posts left. And even then, I still have to wait to get the pm. But I'd still like to think of something before the time comes. It's better to plan ahead then to leave everything last minute, right?? (probably completlely off there but I thought that would make me look smarter
Or, you may be taken completely by surprise like I was! I, too, thought you had to reach the big 500 before you even thought about getting a PT. Imagine my surprise when I got a PM at 400-something posts! I think it was around 430-450 range or so, my memory is terrible. But I tend to rant and write long posts more often and fewer of them, so maybe that was part of it. I also agonize about certain posts and leave them up on my screen for hours,while I do dishes and go to the store 50 miles away, etc. etc. Maybe that's part of it? (No, I'm making that up!) Also, I get more of a kick out of discussion of PT's than the actual PT's themselves, which, if you think about it, once you've chosen, all you can do is live with being the "Haunted Halfling" even if you change utterly beyond anything in your wildest imaginings when first you were sent the magic PM...but, as I said, I think too much about oddities and tend to spin off into the ridiculous! Who's to say I'm not a Sassy Sprite or even Kaptin Knickers at times? But a title never tells all!

Cheers!
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote