View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 02:29 PM   #429
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'd also like it if you could work in Tarik coming upon the altercation late, and the good guys afraid he's going to help the guards, and the guards being surprised/stunned that he actually turns the tide against the guards in favor of the good guys ... this would serve as a turning point for Tarik himself, who until this point has been secretive (at least he thought so), and by helping out this group, he declares himself. Of course, he doesn't know that Herugor and Sauron already know, but he still is forced to commit . . . . a great foreshadowing to laying down his life later on in the story for the good of Mabalar and friends.

Oh, and one more little secret that I shouldn't keep from the rest of you: Monôizindu's shop (and home) are very close to the Temple, and therefore to the Temple's dungeons. This seems to suggest to me that he and his secretive Faithful would be industrious enough to have secret passages underground that connect to the Temple dungeons somehow. Tarik wouldn't know of this, unless Monoizindu has told him, and he hasn't. But Monoi has ways of keeping tabs on the dungeon (through cronies no doubt), and is at the ready to slip into the dungeon at just the right moment and help the Faithful to escape right from under the nose of Herugor.

But before that can happen, Miriel must get the palantir to Mabalar.

Ah, the plot thickens.....