Old 08-23-2005, 01:04 PM   #17
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
1420!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar
Oh, so now there is the requirement to make sense?!? Hmmm..I may have a little trouble with that, but then again I guess that there's a first time for everything.
I know, why do things have to make sense?? Oh well. Guess I will just have to restrain myself then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar
But not as many as did Aragorn. Strider was alone in the woods with fours hobbits unchaperoned. When Boromir enters the story, the Ring Bearer is surrounded by some pretty big body guards, and so he might have been put off by them. And what is hinted at by the temptations of Galadriel? Did she see Ring lust in Aragorn's eyes? My point is that Boromir and Aragorn are different.
I agree with you on this alatar. Aragorn was with the four alone a lot after they left Bree. When Boromir comes, he would have to face a man who claims to be king of Gondor, a Dwarf with a bad temper, an elf with a good shot on a bow, and a very powerful wizard. Not to mention Frodo's kin and "servant". He would have had a really hard time getting it from him. Aragorn and Boromir are VERY different from each other.