View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 06:07 PM   #58
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Grimkul’s wandering attention had been attracted by Ugburz’s mention of food. Already in an irksome mood, he had been greatly irritated by the idea that this Ugburz might have food when he didn’t. And the possible combination of getting food and possibly knocking a head off to get it was greatly enticing. Not that he’d relieve Ugburz’s shoulders of his head if he didn’t have to – those higher up didn’t look kindly upon dispute in the camp.

So instead, he stepped up to Ugburz as he turned to go and laid a hand on the slightly smaller Orc’s arm. Ignoring Ulwakh’s plead to leave Ugburz alone, he growled, “And what food is it that you've got?”

“None right now,” answered Ugburz, curling his lip. His eyes shifted about in a slightly panicked manner, however, betraying the bluff. He tried to step away from Grimkul’s grip, but Grimkul grasped a little tighter.

“You’re lying,” stated Grimkul, glaring Ugburz down.

“I am not,” said Ugburz flatly. “I was going to scrounge up some food just now.” But Grimkul was certain that the other had food now, and he was getting angry now. He moved his face just inches away from the Ugburz’s as his hand strayed to his dagger hilt.

“Well, I think you’ve got food. And I think you’re going to give it to me,” growled Grimkul. At this point, Ulwakh stepped in and tried to ease Grimkul away. Grimkul did not take kindly to the interruption and slapped Ulwakh’s face with the flat of his blade. The latter drew away, cursing.

Ugburz took full advantage of Grimkul’s distraction and deftly twisted away, breaking Grimkul’s grasp on his arm. Before Grimkul could react, Ugburz had taken off sprinting, soon disappearing amongst the horde of Orcs.

With a howl of frustration, Grimkul took his dagger and slammed it into the rock at his feet as hard as he could. About a third of the blade snapped off at its contact with the unforgiving ground. Infuriated now, he picked up the remnant of his dagger and jammed it into its sheath. Then he stormed off towards their patch of ground at a great pace; Ulwakh was practically running to keep up (at a safe distance).

Even though there were numerous Orcs in the camp larger than Grimkul, they all gave him a safe berth as he passed. No one interfered with Grimkul in a temper. Upon arriving back at their camp, Grimkul found that some squeaker had thought to take over their space. In absolutely no mood for an argument, Grimkul hurled his now shortened dagger at the small Orc’s head. His aim was true, and the Orc fell dead on the spot. His mood little improved, Grimkul sat down heavily on top of the Orc he had just killed and tore into a piece of dried meat from his pack. That Ugburz was going to pay for it.