View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 04:12 PM   #514
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
"The stable master?" Saeryn repeated, baffled. She caught the slight diversion of the girl's eyes and looked to her own attire. She laughed, smiling. "The breeches I wear to ride, or, if you'll believe it," she whispered carefully, trying to gain the girl's trust, "when I do not wish to be well-noticed. A girl in man's attire tends to give others food for thought, but as they may be uncomfortable thoughts, they are quickly forsaken. The shirt... I was recently hurt. I borrowed the shirt from my brother... it is looser and does not press against my shoulder."

The girl watched her, wide-eyed.

"I will not ask you to leave." Saeryn was kneeling before the girl. "Æòel, if you would not mind, I would like you to be my guest for breakfast. I am lonely amongst these brawny lads, and it seems that Eodwine, whose friendship and protection I treasure, has his thoughts elsewhere. I would appreciate the company. Surely you would wish to clean up. You could borrow some of my belongings until you have a chance to find your other clothes." she added tactfully, though perhaps foolishly so.

She looked carefully at the girl, sure that any quick movement would spook her more quickly than a deer in the twilight.