View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 10:19 AM   #358
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Formendacil, the truth behind Numenor is startling. Long have we known that the Elves do not love Wargs, but to deceive them (and indeed the Valar) in fixing it so that Men could have the island is a treachery the magnitude of which is rarely seen in Arda. Men - such unworthy children. The idea that they could coast through the First Age so and then be rewarded thusly, why it makes my blood boil. Morgoth must have been laughing his head off on his dark throne.
It seems that in fact there WERE a few Wargs who made it to Numenor before the Edain (being better sailors, in a pinch). These lived a secretive and closeted life in the west, about Andunie, where they were safeguarded by the Faithful. Unlike the Elves, there have always been some Men, the original founders of the Warg and Warg Rider Appreciation Society one might say, who have always sided with these great creatures. Indeed, the survival of the Faithful in the late years of Numenor, when Sauron was running amok, was due in large part to the Numenoreans Wargs.

There is more to say, but I am translating from a copy of a copy of a copy of early Gondorian history, which was itself translated each time it was copied, finally ending up in the base Black Speech (Nurnen dialect- which is heavily influenced by the speech of Khand), from around 2103 T.A. Devilish stuff.