View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 04:09 AM   #32
Seth Cotton
Pile O'Bones

Seth Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
For a second he got the feeling he was ignored by the Elf that quite obviously tried to focus on something else, appearing busy, but he didn't fool Vaele. Vaele snorted quietly and put his arms in the sides. He looked at the Elf, that still glanced up a little at him, sort of examining him. He raised an eyebrow at him.

The Elf seemed shy and that he would rather avoid Vaele by all means, but something pulled the Elf to answer. Was it that Vaele was maybe a bit older? At least Vaele guessed he was. And finally, when Vaele was to ask him if he was a mute he opened his mouth.

'No—I mean, yes, sir.' Gilduin said, knowing how flustered he must sound. 'Yes, this is the first rank.' He gave a short bow, more to hide his reddening face than as a courtesy. 'My name is Gilduin Lindorion, sir. I am the standard bearer.'

'Ah, very well.' Vaele nodded and then forced a smile. He hurried to bow quickly, forgetting he should reply in good manners and introduce himself as well. 'Vaele Andarion, scout and marksman of the First Rank.'

He looked at the other Elf that fiddled a bit nervous with his banner. Was it the fear of going to war? Or perhaps something else. Vaele was pussled but didn't mention anything of what he was thinking even though he really wanted to ask all his questions.

'Maybe we get to march together then?' Vaele grinned and took his bow from the shoulder. He began to adjust the bow string and glanced from time to time upon Gilduin that stood looking at him.